Visa Interview #9 #fall2015

My Visa Interview experience: Visa Approved
Consulate : Chennai
Date : 20-Apr-2015
Time : 10AM
Univ : VIU
My profile
UG: BE/CSE
% : 76
Backlog: 0
Passed out year: 2012
Work experience: 2 years in HCL technologies
IELTS: 6.5
No GRE
VO: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning, how are you?
No reply from VO, I had my I20, acceptance letter and passport handy and passed it to VO.
VO: So you are going to VIU?
Me: yes sir
VO: why VIU?
Me: I contacted many students currently studying in VIU, some passed out students and professors. I got positive reviews from everyone about VIU. It has students from more than 60 countries which wil help me to gain international exposure. It is located very close to one of most powerful city in the world Washington DC, so being a computer science student I will get a chance to stay on top of current technologies and inventions.
VO: How long are you working in HCL? (I mentioned this while filling out my DS160)
Me: I am working for the past two years in HCL
VO: what kind of job it is?
Me: Explained about my nature of work
VO: I could see that u hav been to Thailand twice, can u tell me the purpose of visit?
Me: I have been to Thailand, Srilanka and Dubai with tourist visa.
VO: Do you have any siblings?
Me: I have two elder sisters, one sister resides in Srilanka and other sister in USA
VO: what kind of visa your sister in US holds?
Me: she holds L2 visa and my brother in law holds L1 visa both are working for the same company
VO: since how long they are in US?
Me: They are in US for the past 6 months
VO: Did u apply to any other university?
Me: I applied to Devry university and got admission for devry as well
VO: why did you choose VIU and not Devry?
Me: I spoke with both the university students and VIU was comparatively good in education standard.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My parents
VO: what do they do?
Me: we run jewellery business and we do get income from agriculture as well
VO: your visa is approved, Plz take your I20 and acceptance letter. You can collect your passport after a day or two.
Me: thank you so much