Fair Field Visa Interview

Here is my visa interview exprience for Fairfield University. Don’t get annoyed by seeing this long post but at end you will like my experience.
A Small Story about My visa experience for Fairfield University

Profile: 280/6.5/65%/2.6 Yrs of Exp
Slot :8:00am Consulate: Hyderabad Date: 17 July,2014
Counter 11, Token E- 139

Me & my dad left from Bangalore and reached Hyderabad on 16th july morning. I completed my OFC on same day at 3 pm. I had prepared some 30 most repeated different types of visa interview questions by reading others Visa experience but never studied completely but only question I prepared was “Why this University?”. I was able to answer this question even while sleeping without missing single word. That many times I have practiced in front of mirror. After OFC, I came to our room and slept for 2hrs and at night started reading all types of prepared questions and answers in front of mirror with smiling face. Later I couldn’t sleep bcz I was thinking when to book another slot if my VISA get rejected, some sort of calculations in mind like when to take leave from office after Visa rejection. I had taken Tue, Wed, Thu 3days leave. Also I was thinking, if something goes wrong let’s go to Canada, why only US bcz I have already applied to 4 Canada universities too for January 2015 intake.


Next day morning got up at 4am and revised same questions and we were out of room at 6am and reached US Consulate at 6.30pm. Bit of cold, street dogs and some beggars near Consulate office. If I think of interview, I felt I am forgetting key answer points. So I took out same paper & I was just looking into to it. By that time, One Muslim mid age men was roaming here and there and he was holding small pot in left hand and a bunch of peacock feathers in right hand. He was keeping peacock feathers on students head and collecting some nice money (10’s 50’s) from all of them. As soon as I noticed him, I just left that place and went towards OFC building bcz I don’t want him to keep that feather on my head. After few minutes my dad called me bcz suddenly there was a big queue. I saw all students face at a time, I was shocked to see there tension faces. Went inside and I got token E-139. By looking at that number I decided myself my Visa will be rejected today bcz I don’t like “Number-13”. I hate that number 13, as we all know its unlucky number. My token num starts from 13, if I add 1+3+9 = 13. Also morning when I stepped out my room, the car parked in front of lodge was also 13. Again so many calculations were running in my mind. In fact at Consulate, the first counter opened was 13 and they started calling E-101,102,103…. To go to counter 13. I felt let’s face it, but inside I was praying “God” pls open other counters soon but don’t send me to Counter 13 & 16. All of a sudden 11,12,13,14,16 all counters started. E-137,138 went to 16th counter & I got counter 11 which is E-139. At that moment only somehow I felt I’ll get my VISA today.


I went inside & was standing in 3rd place. The guy in front of VO, was standing like soldier as if he is in battle field. I was looking at VO, she was asking to that guy, you’ve come 3rd time in this month. What changes you’ve done. He shouted “I don’t do any change”, last time I was nervous & this time I am more confident. VO said: Cool, you won’t do any changes, I can’t go against my colleague & they were right and gave his passport back. Guy again shouted and was arguing then VO said, if you speak single word you’ll never enter into USA. He was saying mam, mam but VO was saying don’t, don’t… I said don’t speak.


Next 2nd guy in front of me, he went & he just took same Soldier position by keeping his file on self. VO said you’ve came here on june 3rd, june 23rd and today. She typed something and returned his passport. But he didn’t even open his mouth and he left. After seeing those two guys, Suddenly I made some calculations, I shouldn’t stand like them, I have to hold my file in hand etc etc… but to be honest guys believe it or not, my heart beat was normal bcz ppl use to say my heartbeat was fast, adrenaline rush hpnd in my body…etc


Then she cal’d me. Here we go… She was around 40+, by looking at that lady I felt instead of sitting in 16th counter she might be sitting in counter 11 as she may be late to office today.